2) The horse is made ready for the day of battle:
A - and the righteous man takes it to heart.
B - but the slothful man remains in his bed.
C - and by the fear of the LORD a man avoids evil.
D - but victory rests with the LORD.
3) The eye that mocks a father, that scorns obedience to a mother:
A - will be pecked out by the ravens in the valley.
B - are the eyes of a fool on the ends of the earth.
C - invites a flogging.
D - is disturbing to the righteous in his way.
4) Like a gold ring in a pig's snout:
A - is a beautiful woman who shows no discretion.
B - is a wicked man in a king's court.
C - is a wealthy man in the company of fools.
D - is a righteous man among sinners.
5) A gentle answer turns away wrath:
A - but the mouth of the wicked pours out evil.
B - but a harsh word stirs up anger.
C - but he who heeds admonition gains understanding.
D - but the mouths of fools feed on folly.
6) Dishonest money dwindles away:
A - but a poor man's field may produce abundance.
B - but he who gathers money little by little makes it grow.
C - that one may avoid the snares of death.
D - and the way of the faithless is their ruin.
7) As vinegar to the teeth and smoke to the eyes:
A - so is the fool in the company of the wise.
B - so is the beggar to the court of the king.
C - so is a proverb in the mouth of a fool.
D - so is a sluggard to those who send him.
8) He who oppresses the poor:
A - shows contempt for their Maker.
B - will suffer on the day of judgement.
C - perverts the way of justice.
D - will suffer poverty himself.
9) Pride goes before destruction:
A - and a hundred blows to the back of a fool.
B - and a fool's mouth is his ruin.
C - a haughty spirit before a fall.
D - but humility goes before honor.
10) All a man's ways seem right to him:
A - and by seeking them he will prosper.
B - but the LORD weighs the heart.
C - but in the end he will not be blessed.
D - but how can a man understand his way?
11) A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal:
A - but the companion of fools will suffer harm.
B - but a poor man has no means of redemption.
C - but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel.
D - but the desire of the treacherous is for money.
12) Drive out the mocker:
A - for the righteous he will corrupt.
B - for his tongue is a poison.
C - and out goes strife.
D - and the city will praise you.
13) He who guards his lips guards his:
A - honor
B - life
C - wisdom
D - courage
14) How many pillars had the house that wisdom built?
A - 2
B - 7
C - 12
D - 40
15) A fool finds no pleasure in:
A - foolishness
B - understanding
C - riches
D - life
16) According to proverbs, what makes many friends?
A - wisdom
B - wealth
C - knowledge
D - the mouth
17) According to proverbs, what separates close friends?
A - wealth
B - a gossip
C - laziness
D - evil deeds
18) What is to be chosen rather than great riches?
A - poverty
B - a good name
C - a seat at the gate
D - salamanders
19) According to proverbs, what do you promote when you cover an offense?
A - repeat offenders
B - folly
C - love
D - wisdom
20) Do not wear yourself out to:
A - find wisdom.
B - get rich.
C - seek a friend.
D - convince the ruler.
Please type in any comments here:
Please provide your e-mail address here if you wish to receive a response letting you know the answers, or if you are requesting to have the questions e-mailed to you:
E-mail me the questions
E-mail me the answers
Let me know about new quizzes (this will
add you to a mailing list, click here for more info)
Remember email address.