2) About John, Matthew quotes the words: "The
voice of one crying in the
wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the
Lord, make his paths straight." Which prophet wrote
3) Who were the Pharisees and Sadducees confident in having
as their father?
4) What did John tell them to do?
5) John said that he baptized in water, but he who came
after him would baptize in what?
6) Quote the words Jesus used to explain why he should be
7) How long did Jesus fast in the wilderness?
8) When the tempter told Jesus to command that the stones
be made bread, Jesus answer with which quote from the Old
9) Which Old Testament book contains these words?
10) When the tempter told Jesus to cast himself down
from the pinnacle of the temple, what was Jesus' response?
11) In the third temptation, what did the tempter tell
Jesus to do?
12) Jesus departed to Galilee when he found out that who
13) He went to live in a city on the shore of the sea of
Galilee in what city?
14) The first four disciples that Jesus chose were,
according to Matthew, fishermen. What were their names?
15) Finish the quote:
"Blessed are the meek, for they..."
16) Finish the quote:
"Blessed are the pure in heart, for they..."
17) Finish the quote:
"Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after
righteousness, for they..."
18) According to Jesus, what must we NOT do with a light?
19) What would not pass from the law, till all would be fulfilled?
20) Jesus told his followers not to swear by Jerusalem. Why?
Please type in any comments here:
Please provide your e-mail address here if you wish to
receive a response letting you know the answers, or if
you are requesting to have the questions e-mailed to you:
E-mail me the questions
E-mail me the answers